- Scrambled eggs
- Scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, broccoli, spinach....
- Scrambled eggs, Mexican style: Scramble eggs and add salsa, green and/or red peppers, cheese, olives, onions....
- Any of the above served in tortillas
- Hoffle-poffle (don't ask me where that name came from!) -- Fry hash browns (Southern style works well for this, as do the frozen hash browns with peppers and onions), mix with scrambled eggs, top with cheese, bacon bits or ham, etc.
- Pancakes or Waffles with different fruit toppings (just thaw some frozen fruit and you are set). Great with yogurt, ice cream, or whipped cream/topping.
- Campbelled Eggs: This is an all-time family favorite at our house…really dresses up the usual scrambled eggs. Simply combine 1 can cream of chicken soup with 6-8 eggs in a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a preheated, greased fry pan and cook as you would scrambled eggs. Serve with muffins, or over toast, or with cinnamon rolls (even the refrigerator dough ones go well with these!) You may never want regular eggs again!
- Omelets are always a good, healthy meal, especially if you use veggies like broccoli or peppers. Of course, ham is always good, and you can’t forget the cheese.
- English muffins or bagels with a fried egg (yolk broken while cooking so it cooks solid), ham and cheese…a homemade McMuffin!
- Add a fruit smoothie to any of the above...a fantastic way to use powdered or canned milk, frozen fruit, yogurt, etc.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Fun Breakfast Foods (for breakfast or dinner)
Posted by Mormon Women: Who We Are at 4:15 PM